I will show you in 7 steps and in less than 100$ how you can engage your team and increase their level of motivation. Given below are ideas, if implemented will help you to build an awesome team
- Employees performs better when they are aware of the purpose of the work. Hence, Share with them and communicate regularly about the vision, values & purpose of the company – Free
- Put up a vision board/bucket list of employee goals & company goals. Displaying goals visually motivates an individual to achieve faster – 1$
- Recognize ( Give a small token as a reward) & appreciate employees regularly for goals achieved from the bucket list – 32$
- Conduct inspiring story sessions where in success stories of the owners or employees are shared. This inspires employees to perform at a higher level – Free
- Allocate few hours of the week as learning hours . Employees should be given at-least 5 hours in a week to learn something new ( reading/ learning/ training ) – 50$ to buy books, conduct internal workshops etc.
- Conduct happiness meets & give public recognition by cheering & clapping for teams that have achieved outstanding performances – Free
- Communicate monthly company updates & celebrate birthdays – 17$
The above list of ideas address the pillars of engagement as mentioned below –
- To have a purpose at work – Individuals have a need to understand why a particular task is performed and how his/her work contributes to the end product.
- Transparency & clear communication – Open communication helps build trust. Every individual wants to share ideas, suggestions and wants to be updated with the company happenings.
- Appreciation for the work done – I have mentioned previously and will mention again, appreciation has great power and can help in motivating instantly.
- Learning & growth needs – Every individual has a need to grow professionally & personally. Thus, when this need is satisfied, an employee performs at a higher level.
Hope these steps will help you in designing a culture of awesomeness in your team .
Do share your ideas and experiences .